1. The Information Technology Department (ITD) requires the services of an External Outreach Support to assist the Digital Innovation and Architecture Division (ITIA) build and manage a community of startups and students for open innovation challenges/ hackathons. The person will also assist managing the open innovation platform which is utilized for online crowdsourcing initiatives to address challenges related to the company's mandate. Challenges will be sourced externally (and thus will need to be filtered) as well as internally. Guided innovation processes will be followed by participants (internal or external or mixed) of the challenges.
2. A resource with skills related to community building, community or startup engagement, one who has working experience in a startup accelerator, is required to directly support the Team’s initiatives for Digital Innovation Sandboxes Program.
II. REPORTING ARRANGEMENT
3. The resource will report to the Principal IT Specialist of the Division.
III. SCOPE OF WORK/TASKS
4. The expected tasks to be performed by the External Outreach Support , but not limited to, the following:
a. Community development
i. Develop partnerships in Asia and Pacific with universities, incubators and accelerators using outreach through email, meetings and network events.
ii. Proactively create and manage contact databases and ensure the promotion of our client’s challenges to our community
iii. Support our team in event organization to promote challenges among our partners
b. Open innovation platform support
i. Assist in hosting of innovation challenges (including administration of the online platforms, definition of challenges, guiding of participants)
ii. Support manage variety of challenges hosted on innovation platform, including launch, implementation and exit approaches
iii. Monitor the progress of challenges
iv. Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports on use of innovation challenges
c. Communication and Marketing
i. Promote the innovation challenge to the community
ii. Assist in creation of challenge briefs, defining problem statement
iii. Design of training and advocacy material related to open innovation platforms
iv. Provide advice to potential challenge owners on relevant use case and benefits of using open innovation approaches
d. Post-hackathon support
i. Provide post hackathon support (e.g. discovery stage activities such as the development of of POC/POV)
5. The selected resource should have the following qualifications:
a. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, IT, mass communication, Journalism, Organizational Development or related fields
b. Experience in participation in online open innovation challenges a must
c. Experience in participating in hackathons a must
d. Experience in running innovation challenges and hackathons a plus
e. Ability to translate development challenges into opportunities for innovation
f. Experience in crafting clear communication material (i.e., textual, pictorial and presentation/video) a plus
g. Proactive, with ability to identify innovation opportunities.
h. Can multitask and has very high attention to details.
i. Ability to develop rapport in a multicultural environment and strongly liaise across divisions and departments.
j. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English to interact effectively and work/coordinate with all levels of staff and external parties.