Aleris Insurance Agent job summary
Are you excited to help customers meet their insurance needs? Do you take pleasure in walking clients through their policy options and helping them settle their claims as quickly and efficiently as possible? If so, we urge you to apply for a job with our company as an Insurance Agent. We’re looking for a bright, talented, sales-minded professional who has a passion for the insurance industry and wants to work in an energetic, positive environment. We’re a boutique firm with a small roster of clients that grows by the day, so you’ll be getting in on the ground floor with infinite future opportunities.
Aleris Insurance Agent responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the job reports to.
Examples of Insurance Agent responsibilities
· Develop positive working relationships with clients
· Approach clients via cold calling and direct mail to inquire about their insurance situations and future needs
· Deliver policy proceeds after a claim is filed and approved
· Communicate with Insurance Adjusters about the life cycle of each claim
· Explain the differences in policy specifics so clients can make informed decisions about their purchases
· Assist with obtaining underwriting approval
· Respond to clients’ questions and complaints
· Follow up with clients after initial meetings or conversations
· Participate in continuing education programs in both insurance and sales
Aleris Insurance Agent qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful hire. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
Examples of Insurance Agent skills
· Internet access
· Microsoft Office Application experience
· 3+ years’ experience in sales
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Pleasant telephone manner
· Ability to explain complex issues and concepts to customers so that they understand them fully