Kunai is looking for full-time Android Engineers to join our rapidly growing, fully remote digital agency of 60+ technology professionals. You will be joining a team that has shipped over 150 products for clients from the United Nations, Ernst & Young and TOMS Shoes to fintech titans like Capital One, American Express and Wells Fargo.
We are looking for Android Engineers across the spectrum of professional experience, from those who have just gotten started working with Android a couple of years ago, to senior engineers who have lived and breathed the Android platform, developing mobile apps in Java, Kotlin or C++ for the last ten plus years. You’ll work with fellow Android engineers from a variety of backgrounds both at Kunai and at client engineering teams responsible for some of the most heavily used fin-tech applications on the internet.
The team you will be joining is working at the bleeding edge of fintech Android development with the full spectrum of mobile devices: not just phones and tablets, but watches, TVs and wherever the future takes the platform. You will work on sensitive client projects, and assigned a top of the line Macbook Pro and whatever tools you need to write the most solid code with the least friction. Kunai and our clients work are a team of teams: small, highly functional and agile teams.
- Write Android client code that adheres to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Be an active participant in agile ceremonies, doing your part to ensure that your team commitments are met on time and at the highest quality of work.
- Be a champion of the mobile platform in developer communities at Kunai, at our clients, and in the world at large.
- Keep learning and stay up to date with the evolution of the core technologies in mobile development (think Kotlin, Android SDK and Java).
- Be proactive in group discussions within your own team and across teams, influencing and contributing to feedback and clear inter-team interfaces and communications.
- Work with and mentor other members of your team.
- Own deliver of major components and modules, working with Software Architects and Senior Engineers.
- Share best practices and improve processes within your team and across sprint teams
- Spot technical challenges early on and apply the right mix of creativity and common sense in choosing solutions.
- Review pull requests with an eye for ensuring adherence to style rules, Kotlin idioms etc.
- No less than 2 years of professional experience working with Kotlin, Android Studio and the Android SDK, with senior roles available for engineers with substantially more experience.
- Fluency in Java, Kotlin.
- Excellent code writing and code review skills with a passion for clean, well organized production-ready code.
- A natural affinity for teamwork and pro-active communication.
- The ability to work autonomously on a high-functioning team.
- Instincts for designing testable software and working with a team to build large scale, complex applications.
- Strong technical intuition, self-motivation and problem-solving skills.