In order to provide domestic users with high-quality, uncensored, mobile applications more conveniently, we are looking for a new UX designer to join our team.
We are an organization working on human rights and internet freedom-related issues. Our entire team works remotely (during pandemics and otherwise) and the successful candidate will also work on a remote basis. GreatFire.org is an organization that monitors censorship and promotes free speech online, particularly in China. We are united by a belief in universal rights to access information and the ability to use technology to defend these rights.
Your contributions will be mainly used in Android app store (currently being prototyped) which is similar to F-droid but which needs to be optimized for Chinese users
They will also be used in existing projects:
- Free WeChat (https://freewechat.com/)
- Free Weibo (https://freeweibo.com/)
- Many Voices (http://startpage.freebrowser.org/zh/)
- Apple Censorship (https://applecensorship.com/)
In addition to reporting to the Senior Manager, you will also work closely with our technical staff. This position is available now. After completing the main project, there is an opportunity to continue to work on other projects on an ongoing basis.
- Requires experience in Android application projects
- Good product design experience
- Understand the difference between Chinese and foreign users' needs
- Able to output high-quality product documentation
- Chinese communication skills
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Familiar with secure communication and privacy practices
- Ability to meet and prioritize multiple deadlines in an evolving environment
More job information:
- All work is remote
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- The position is available immediately
We are a global human rights organization and consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
We value applicants with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences.
All our team members work anonymously and use secure communication methods and we require the candidate to understand these safety measures.