Vomi is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on their own business innovation, while our teams handle the information technology needed to support it.
We are a CRN Top 100 Data Center and Solutions Provider, a Top Workplace winner for the past four consecutive years, ranked among the Top 10 Managed Service Providers and we are one of a select few vendors positioned in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service.
We're hiring a Cloud Network Engineer to join our Service Delivery & Implementation team in the Remote Center. Successful candidates will have significant depth and technical knowledge on multi-site network design with a variety of technologies. They will embrace technical challenges with creativity and the ability to interact with customers at many different technical levels.
Sponsorship is not provided.
The Network Engineer will deliver managed services and product solutions for our customers. This position will design and configure network virtual and cloud services connecting customers to their public, private, multi-site cloud and traditional colocation datacenters. The engineer will be working with latest in Software-Defined Networking (SDN), firewalls, content security and threat prevention, remote access, and network automation as they facilitate the deployment of new and/or migration of customer's workload to Expedient platforms.
• Demonstrated level of competency with the following technologies:
• Software-defined networking such as VMware NSX or another major technology provider
• Virtual private networks
• Network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and MPLS)
• Firewalls and security products
• Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches
• The ideal candidate would possess one or multiple technical or vendor certifications
• Ability to prioritize and be productive in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills including the ability to identify and resolve challenging situations
• Passion for learning technologies and curiosity for new ideas
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding service and response time working with customers
• Flexibility to be available for occasional night and weekend implementation projects when required
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
• Experience with Juniper JunOS is a plus
• Experience with DevOps and automation is a plus
• Review the solution and requirements from the customer and sales team to construct a successful design, implementation, and migration plan
• Ensure delivery of standard network services during project implementations for customers per contract
• Provisioning VLANs, VxLANs, and IP routing connectivity inter/intra datacenter and to/from customer premise
• EVPN, BGP, MPLS, dedicated private circuits, and spine-leaf architecture
• Deploy and configure network appliances
• Security Firewalls (including content filtering, log management, intrusion detection and prevention)
• Load Balancers, Remote access, and VPNs
• NSX Distributed Routers and Edge Gateways
• Implement and document network disaster recovery services and actively participate in customer testing
• Trusted advisor for customers during configuration of content security, logging and threat management services
• Follow implementation guidelines, processes, and procedures to ensure standards and quality are met
• Communicate with project managers, customers, and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer projects
• Ensure appropriate documentation of the implementation is generated, maintained during the project for effective transition to our Operations Support Cente