Hayat Life is a nonprofit digital venture celebrating the achievements of Cultural Muslims in the West. The project is apolitical and not religious, but rather spotlights people of Muslim heritage contributing to arts, culture, and business innovation. The project seeks a Community Engagement Director to build a vibrant community of Cultural Muslims, who until now have been largely overlooked by the mainstream and unorganized as a coherent scene.
Entrepreneurial and outgoing leader sought to build a vibrant scene of Cultural Muslims in the West (North America and Europe primarily) around the start-up online publication HayatLife.com.
Full-time position with a primary task of working in collaboration with the founding publisher and editorial team to build a community of Cultural Muslims online and offline. The director will spearhead outreach to forge a scene of cultural Muslims by:
· Engaging personalities profiled on Hayat Life’s web portal;
· Identifying additional potential community members via research and networking;
· Organizing events (seminars, arts festivals, panels, etc.) online and when possible in the real world (geographic priorities: NYC, DC, LA, SF, Chicago, Boston).
· Researching potential recruits and programming partners (curating databases)
· Outreach to new recruits and partners
· Ongoing engagement with community members and partners
· Organizing community events online and offline
· Representing Hayat Life at private and public events (speaking, moderating, introducing)
· Potential growth opportunities include:
o Collaborating on strategic planning Hayat Life leadership
o Fundraising and corporate sponsorship outreach
o Writing articles
· Ability to work remotely
· Demonstrated organizational skills
· Event-organizing skills
· Entrepreneurial & collaborative approach
· Strong interpersonal skills and outgoing personality
· Readiness to travel domestically
· Ability to work under tight deadlines
**Availability: **The position is available immediately. After a 90-day test period, an annual consultancy agreement (retroactive from the first day of test period) will be offered.
**Compensation: **Competitive start-up non-profit salary.