Seeking an equity-focused leader who values people and relationships, designing creative experiences and implementing processes that support effective communication and dynamic learning experiences for unique communities (both in-person and virtually). This new team member will have a passion for and experience with social media, Zoom, PowerPoint and the Google suite of tools. They will enjoy developing communications (primarily online) and engaging people across multiple modalities to educate and spark joy. The Community Relations Lead will primarily manage our social media channels, support our firm’s Principal in developing in-person and virtual learning experiences and support research that enhances the learning and technological tools we use across our work. Our Community Relations Lead/Online Community Manager will create consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms as well as engage with community members who have hired CGA to support their learning and development around equity, diversity and inclusion. This is a part-time position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling as a way to expand the CGA brand and its’ Principal
- Generate, edit, publish, layout and share content (original text, images, video) for our online community and clients during virtual training sessions
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
- Create and implement social media marketing plan and editorial calendar
- Develop and leverage analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Support and implement the technology and production for virtual meetings
- Assist with research, the company newsletter and other projects as needed
- Strong interest in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion work
- 3+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience developing print and virtual materials that support messaging and learning
- Identifies as organized, self-motivated, a critical thinker and a problem solver
- Additional experience that can be considered (but is not required): Associates or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or public relations or a relate field; video production experience, live TV/stage or broadcast experience
Who We Are
The Common Good Agency (CGA), founded in 2003 by Candace Stanciel, is a consulting firm focused on capacity building for nonprofits and higher education institutions. Our work with clients is centered on developing diversity, equity, and inclusion capacity and competency for systems change.
How to Apply
- In lieu of a cover letter, please submit responses to the following questions (in 100 words or less for each):
- Please share one experience that influences how you think about equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Please share your most significant career achievement as related to your work in social media?
- Please share what most excites you about this role with The Common Good Agency?
- Please submit a favorite social media account from the following platforms:
- LinkedIn and/or Facebook.
- Please share two social media accounts you personally follow to learn more about topics of interest to you. (If there are particular ones focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion, please note that.)
- Please submit a Canva, PowerPoint, Google Slide, or other presentation visual you created and/or supported the development of. Feel free to remove any identifying information of clients or partners to maintain anonymity.
- Please include a resume and/or portfolio highlighting your relevant career experience for this role.