Hubstaff runs a blog, a website and various related web properties. Organic search is driving traffic to our websites, some of that traffic buys our SaaS time tracking and project management products services.The main website and blog perform well across a range of keywords, and we have a plan to increase that further.
We want to grow traffic to the website by understanding and meeting user search intent via good onsite and offsite SEO.
Choosing and optimising for keywords in a conversion focused way has recently been formalised into a process and is largely Data driven. That process requires someone to run and improve it end to end. We have v1 of that process, and are looking for the right person to run it!
Areas of Responsibility:
SEO. Your sole responsibility is SEO. Your focus will 100% on driving traffic through organic search. You will run the existing process, and work with the head of SEO, and the content team to iterate and improve on it over time. We will provide all the tools, and guidance you need.
This role requires someone who is comfortable with communicating with many different types of people, from skyping developers, to writing content, and replying to link requests etc...
The process In Pre-production:
- Keyword Research, Data Gathering, Assessing keywords and pages according to a set of guidelines and metrics
Creating recommendations for actions on new keyword topics, Managing potential SEO issues such as cannibalization.
- Managing a list of prioritised SEO content topics, and feeding the content production team with these topics
- Contributing to SEO content specifications
- Setting up using keyword to rank tracking
- Providing ongoing optimisation recommendations for existing Keywords
- Following a checklist for all new content to help amplify content’s performance in search
- Do some Basic Link building (where required)
- Optimizing page content
- Monitoring of Rankings using SemRush
- Casual Monitoring of Conversions (woopra)
- Managing onPage and OnSite changes to optimize post, such as internal linking.
The ideal candidate is a smart motivated junior to exec level SEO who must:
- Have good written english and excellent communication skills.
- Have experience in keyword research.
- Have experience using google search console
- Understand basic formulas and enjoys using google sheets (or excel)
- Understand technical SEO principles
- Understand content focused SEO principles
- Functional HTML knowledge
- Have experince with google analytics
- Have experience building links
- Focus on deliverables and output
Nice to have’s:
- Experience working in SaaS or for digital products is bonus.
- Experience marketing, in or using, time tracking and project management tools
- Experience using SEMRush and Woopra
- Familiar working in Sprints in Trello like environments
The remote team:
Hubstaff is a 100% remote company and this is a remote working role, so you must be confident and able to demonstrate that you can work independently, and communicate efficiently with team members in USA, Canada, Portugal, UK, Romania, and India.
You must be available to work on hours with a overlap with UK and USA where your main contacts will be. The flip side of this is you get freedom to work from where you like, when you like, and focus on being productive rather than having a lot of meetings.
This role is an ongoing one, reporting to the marketing operations manager, and founders. We are looking for someone to join our team. We are freelancer and contractor friendly, but need someone who is committing the majority of their time to us, long term.
We expect the role to provide 25 to 40 hours a week, but the total amount depends on you, and can adapt over time.