Oracle DataFox is looking for a technical analyst with experience and a deep passion for analyzing data science training data and model predictions, identifying patterns, and exploring solutions to enhance business data quality.
Oracle DataFox is the real-time source of truth for over 7.5 million companies around the world. Business professionals rely on DataFox to make informed business decisions and get insights into their markets, buyers, and suppliers. DataFox uses machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) to mine the public internet, news sources, and social sources for firmographics and signals about companies. DataFox presents the opportunity to build new products based on a wealth of relevant labeled data related to companies. DataFox has an amazing team of data labelers with years of experience making decisions about corporate hierarchies, business identities, and signal identification based on internet research. Every day, tens of thousands of events in the business world are processed, analyzed, and incorporated into DataFox’s growing knowledge base of companies.
Data quality is essential to DataFox’s products. As a technical data analyst, you will work on projects that will significantly impact the company. Example projects include:
- conduct qualitative and descriptive analyses of model input and output data
- discover and assess patterns in firmographic data, identify issues, and develop solutions
- systematically identify and label training and regression datasets
- explore solutions and automate processes of recreating corporate hierarchies
- Explore and evaluate new data sources
- Conduct routine analysis on tool processes and outcome data
- Provide data collection and data management
- Implement custom programming logic, data exports, and reports
- Document existing processes and tools
- Deliver proof-of-concepts
- Provide current and future state flows, testing approach, and impact analysis
- Collaborate with team members and process owners in contribution to great products and tools
- Ensure all solutions achieve the defined business objectives and success metrics
- Provide analytical support for implemented projects
- Familiarity with general programming languages, particularly Python and corresponding environments, design patterns, and Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Beautiful Soup, Scikit-Learn, NLTK, Spacy, GeoPy, TreeLib, etc.
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebook, Jupyter Lab, and other technologies
- Experience with SQL and noSQL database
- General understanding of API
- Basic knowledge of supervised and unsupervised learning techniques
- Adeptness in data collection, querying data using API calls, internal database query
- Understand the concept of data exploration and data preprocessing, including data cleaning, data normalization, features extraction, instance selection, etc.
- Ability to tell a compelling story with data using data visualization techniques
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently and make convincing arguments for the direction of the products
- Ability to prioritize tasks, identify and mitigate risks, and manage time effectively
- Strong communication skills
- Computer Science or similar degree
- Experience with CRM software and commercial awareness is preferred
This is a great opportunity within Oracle and within a really talented, global development community.