We are looking for experienced Thesis Editors for graduate/masters/PhD Theses and Dissertations.
Please apply here to grab this interesting opportunity: https://www.enago.com/ssl/editing/application/applicationform.htm
Enago’s thesis editing services aims to serve the needs of young academics/researchers seeking a reliable service to perfect their theses/dissertations, which are the final products of years of hard work. We view this as an opportunity to bring our expertise and quality to this subset of the academia with less academic writing experience, giving them a helping hand to successfully submit their theses and launch their research careers.
Qualities we look for in our candidates:
- Proficiency and competence editing academic text written in English
- Ability to interpret complex academic text written by non-native speakers and make editing/proofreading changes to bring out clarity and accuracy
- Relevant experience in Thesis/Dissertation editing
- Excellent comprehension skills and an eye for detail
· Reliability, flexibility, and responsiveness
· Expertise and diligence in handling deadlines
A glimpse at what you would edit:
You will be assigned theses/dissertations of varying difficulty levels (in terms of original English level, subject matter expertise, and the extent of revision needed), written by native and non-native speakers. These will be primarily written by graduate/masters/PhD students pursuing their diplomas/degrees/doctorates. The thesis editor’s role is to proofread/edit their theses/dissertations to ensure successful submission and to provide suggestions/critique to improve their academic writing skills.
You should ensure:
- Immaculate grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and word choice
- Flow, transition, and coherence
- Preservation of the author's intended meaning
- Application of academic editing conventions and style (e.g., citation style, layout, section headings, and tense usage)
- When requested by our clients, formatting of theses/dissertations according to the guidelines provided by the institution/style guide (basic familiarity with style guides such as AMA, APA, MLA, and CMOS will be preferred).
Enago will ensure
- Possibility of a guaranteed monthly income while freelancing :Apart from offering work in the typical freelancing manner, we also offer opportunities that guarantee a minimum monthly/annual income, along with the possibility of an additional annual bonus (monetary), based on your performance.
- Our fees are decided as per a pricing grid that takes into account different factors such as qualification, years of relevant experience, industry standards, etc. Most importantly it is decided after an applicant edits a doctored editing sample test.
- A smooth performance-driven progression curve with an effective feedback mechanism: This ensures that the expectation mismatch is nearly zero. In the past, the strong professional bonding with our freelance editors has also led to mutual recommendations—a definite plus factor!
- A rewarding experience, both monetarily and intellectually: You will get the opportunity to apply your domain knowledge and skills to help non-native authors present their work to the academia.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.