Live your Rich Life from anywhere. 100% remote position.
The Giant Hairy Problem You’ll Be Solving
The best of all worlds: a development role in a startup environment without the risk of small organizations or the inflexibility of large ones.
We’re looking for a seasoned full stack developer to join our team to create services that power incredible user experiences.
This could be a dream position for the right person. Read the description below to see if it’s what you’ve been looking for and find out how to apply.
You’ll Work On Projects Like
A Full Stack Developer at IWT is able to work in all parts of an application from backend services to middle tier and the front-end app. You will be developing new solutions to complex problems and work within our existing frameworks, while keeping an open mind to potential process improvements and scalability.
You will be a senior member of the engineering team; with that comes the responsibility of mentoring team members and establishing architectural principles and design patterns. You’ll be translating functional requirements into functional applications. You’ll be doing more than just bug hunting; you’ll be proactively identifying bottlenecks and devising solutions to them.
You will also be interfacing with IWT’s own home-grown solutions as well as with several third party API’s. Expect to be immediately thrown in the deep end and getting into the code right away.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Perks include health coverage, 401k with match, technology and education stipends, the ability to live anywhere in the US, and work with some of the most interesting people in the world.
What We're Looking For
At IWT we love hard problems that others can't solve, won't solve, or don't even want to try solving. We want to work with people who love big challenges, too. People who want to be the best they can possibly be and fight everyday to make it happen. We call them top performers and we all share the same values:
- Obsessed with excellence
- No ego
- Outstanding communication
- We drive results
- Learn fast, grow fast
- Be weird
If you're a good fit for this opportunity, then you'll have:
- Broad Experience: You will be working in every aspect of the stack, from top to bottom in a variety of languages.
- Comfortable in PHP and extremely deep in Ruby
- Intimately familiar with CakePHP or Rails
- Experience with AWS
- Well rounded DevOps and performance tuning experience
- Experience with Salesforce or Marketo is a definite plus
- Hands On: You are naturally curious and want to understand how things work. You also aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and don’t want to pass things off as “not my job” when issue arise.
- Agile: Able to work iteratively and a willingness to change priorities based on changing business dynamics
- A vision for the future: A knowledge of industry best practices and an eye toward the future and improving our processes continuously.
- Able to work remotely with your own phone, computer and high speed internet access in place.
- This is a full-time, 100% remote position. Must be US based.
For the past 12 years, we’ve quietly built a private company that has become one of the leaders in online education and self development. Over 1 million Top Performers read us every month for advice on money, entrepreneurship, careers, relationships, and personal productivity. We build no-BS personal-development brands that deliver real results. We tell the truth about how the world works -- even when it’s uncomfortable to hear. We value trust over short-term sales. We’re selective and demanding about who we serve.
We’re a high performance team of exceptionally talented and diverse individuals, and we nurture each other’s personalities, creativity and obsessions to bring forth unique content, products and services to the market. Our goal is to help millions of people live richer, more fulfilling lives. And it takes an entire team committed to something bigger than themselves to make that kind of impact.
We are seeking high caliber individuals who want to help push us to the next level. If you like to move quickly and have a bias for action, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, results-based environment. We’re a 100% remote/virtual team environment where you can work from wherever you are. We’re excited to work alongside the best in the world to make a difference in millions of people’s lives.
If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, click the “Apply Now” button below to submit your application.