Plato Design is pioneering a new type of design agency – one which blends the best of human creativity and the power of AI to unlock new superpowers for both our clients and creatives.
As a full-stack engineer you will be responsible for building technology to scale our design operations by giving our designers “superpowers.” You should be a self-starter who enjoys starting with a broad objective and getting creative about how to prioritize and scope projects to make an impact. You should enjoy building tools to automate repetitive tasks and save time for your colleagues. You should feel comfortable maintaining a pragmatic balance of engineering excellence with a scrappy mindset of starting with a simple deliverable and iterating as user feedback arises.
Join us on a unique journey to help build a completely different type of design firm. Plato is backed by http://www.ycombinator.com/ and some of Silicon Valley's best investors.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Building backend and frontend tooling to support complex workflows involving workers with various skill sets
- Observing human processes and devising tooling and automation to streamline them
- Integrating various software tools used by designers with our backend workflows to provide an operational overview of many concurrent projects
- 5-7+ years of web development experience
- Strong experience with React
- Background in building user-facing products, especially SaaS tooling/dashboards
Nice to have
- Background building plugins/tooling for design tools like Sketch and Figma
- Experience working with frontend frameworks like Redux
- Experience with web crawling or browser automation
- Familiarity with npm packaging and webpack
- Working knowledge of docker/kubernetes