- Write custom C code that leverages modern cryptographic libraries to write applications intended to run inside Hardware Security Modules and other enclaves.
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- Your programming languages of choice are C, C++, and Go.
- You have comprehensive experience with secure low level C/C++ programming, kernel development/hardening, and/or embedded systems.
- You are familiar with Hardware Security Modules - ideally Thales.
- You have real world experience shipping product and implementing secure frameworks, libraries, and services.
- You have a deep understanding of common crypto protocols (TLS, GPG, SSH, etc.), code signing, networks security, authentication/authorization, and the threat landscape for state-of-the-art attacks.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
Nice to have
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system :)
Benefits & Perks
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Daily meal stipend (7.08EUR/ day);
- Flexible PTO Policy + Monthly Anchoring Days
- Vacation days fully compensated;
- 446EUR One-time reimbursement to hit the ground running;
- Up to 90EUR monthly reimbursement for cell phone and internet benefits;
- Premium Subscription to the Calm App;
- SNOO for birthing & non-birthing parents.