Searching for a role where you drive some of the future’s most promising innovations? FARO is an international company where ideas count more than hierarchy. We develop and market computer-aided 3D measurement and imaging devices and software. At FARO, smart, skilled people work together in an open atmosphere…. And challenging work never gets boring.
Become a part of this great team and start moving forward.
We are seeking a Intern -- IT Support Analyst . In this role, you will work in our fascinating IT department, provide user support and install, update, maintain and control the performance and status of software and network resources to ensure optimum user availability. You will be part of a dynamic IT team that will support and coach you to success.
**We have: **
- Leading edge technology.
- A team of Aces to work with.
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies.
- You are studying in an IT related field;
- Entry level experience in desktop, laptop and mobile hardware support;
- Experience with a Windows Domain structure (Windows Server 2008/2010) and Microsoft Office products (Office 2013, 2016, Office365);
- Entry level user service experience (troubleshooting, upgrading and maintaining hardware and software);
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (including the ability to communicate and train technical and non-technical people);
- A self-motivated and goal-oriented person with a strong dedication to quality and customer service;
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
**How you will make a difference @ FARO: **
- For entry level issues providing phone and in-person support, respond to problems, inquiries and managing incoming requests determining user requirements as needed to ensure that customers receive prompt, efficient service.Work with users on diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving a variety of technical issues and question with hardware/software problems. Utilize technical support from hardware or software manufacturers as a resource to aid in identifying and resolving computer related problems;
- Responsible for attempting to resolve Tier1 issues within the documented timeframes ensuring detailed resolution notes included in the ticket;
- Recording all issues in the IT Incident ticketing system.Any system down-time addressed with the appropriate sense of urgency, document root causes and steps taken to resolve.Document all steps taken and research completed before escalating to the next level of support or engineering;
- Manage and maintain inventory for software, computers, printers, phones and other peripheral devices.
Benefits & Perks
**What FARO can offer you: **
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also for their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- In general, an unlimited contract
- Flexible working time
- Training opportunities
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events and benefits (e.g. health and safety fairs, sponsored sports events and charity runs, free beverages, and fresh fruits)
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an open corporate culture, flat hierarchies and appreciative communication.
As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
If you have a passion for high-end technical products, we want to talk to YOU!