Come join the “Olympus” Application Hosting team and build the future at Bose! We are seeking a jr. Cloud Native DevOps engineer to be an integral part of our Cloud Center of Excellence team that will enable exciting new features for future products. Bose is transforming the way audio devices interact with the Cloud, creating new experiences for connecting people to what they love the most, whether you are in-the-home or on-the-go. We are imagining new data-driven experiences, designing new services, building software architecture and infrastructure, and scaling our solutions to serve millions of customers. Join us to invent and build our Bose 2.0 cloud platform for the 21st century and power the next wave of innovation at Bose.
At Bose, we are passionate about DevOps and building simple solutions that solves complex software problems. Our Application Hosting team will concentrate in empowering our DEV teams to create best in class modern software delivery and reliability on the cloud. As we expand the cloud across Bose, we are seeking an
Jr. Cloud Native DevOps engineer to create the foundations for a scalable and secure Application Hosting product (Olympus) with the focus to create a fully "self-service" model.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As a Jr. Cloud Native DevOps engineer, you will focus on automation and optimization of the software development lifecycle and supporting processes for deployed microservice. The ideal candidate has strong DevOps knowledge and has previously managed modern cloud, and has experience in multiple languages, software development processes, and microservices architectures in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Responsibilities for this job include:
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Design secure, scalable and highly available cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to provision, configure and maintain immutable infrastructure
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Build continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines (CICD) for cloud native and distributed workloads
Thank you in advance for your application. After reviewing all the applications, we will only contact the candidates who fulfill the requirements for this position. So, if you don’t receive a contact in the next 15 days, we will keep your application for future opportunities that fit your profile.
- Experience building and maintaining cloud native infrastructure in AWS
- Basic understanding how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- AWS Certified engineers are preferred
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana and deploying distributed workloads using Helm
- Basic understanding of Cloud networking and security best practices
- Familiar with Agile/SAFe principles
- Understanding of cloud native architectures, patterns and application deployments
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration.
- Experience with microservices development (Python, Go, and/or Ruby) and operational maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Benefits & Perks
What you can expect at Bose
- Working with wicked smart, super cool people in a global atmosphere
- Working on leading-edge technologies in cloud micro-services, big data, and IoT
- Competitive salary, benefits, employee product discounts
- A culture of excellence, respect, opportunity, and passion for innovation.