- Location: Anywhere (Remote - see supported countries)
- Job Types: Contractor-1099 (Full-Time, Part-Time)
- Pay Range: $40-50
- US Work authorization: Not required
This is a 100% remote/online Alto (Voice) Teacher role.
Grow your music studio from the convenience of your home using state of the art tools and technologies geared specifically towards music teaching and learning.
Be in complete control of your teaching schedule.
Teach Alto (Voice) lessons online for Beginner, Intermediate and/or Advanced level(s).
Plan lessons according to student level, goals and needs.
Manage assignments for gradual student progress.
Use our platform tools to create a memorable learning experience for the student.
Clearly explain methods to allow students to understand how to practice and prepare for the next lesson.
Annotate built-in and/or uploaded sheet music for the student.
Record examples to help student understanding of musical concepts - when applicable.
English fluency (written and spoken) is required.
Education: Bachelor’s (preferred)
Experience: 2 years (preferred)
Independent contractors or freelance workers are responsible for paying their own taxes, filing required government forms and obtaining their own benefits including worker's compensation, disability, etc.
Specialized tools for teaching and learning music
- Live video classroom with multi camera (multi device) setup for both teachers and students.
- Sheet music in XML/MIDI format that the student can hear before learning.
- Students and teachers can also upload sheet music in PDF format.
- Sheet music can be annotated with important notes such as dynamics, finger numbers, text, etc. as applicable.
- Built in Metronome can be started/stopped by teachers to allow students to focus on their instrument.
- Metronome has a preset function to allow teachers and students to recall a tempo and time signature with ease.
- Tone generator provides a selectable tone for students to tune their instrument where applicable.
- Messaging with attachments capability provides a convenient way for students and teachers to communicate and share important files such as backing tracks or worksheet images.
- Built-in calendar allows teachers to manage their availability to suit their schedule needs.
- Teachers can create and manage Student Assignments in the form of notes with personalized categories.
- We provide teachers a private student notes section to make lesson planning a breeze.
- Students can also create private notes to recall important information and maintain records.
- Course creation is provided for teachers to showcase their unique areas of expertise.
- Music Notepad is provided to students and teachers as an interactive tool to learn and teach music notation and music theory concepts.
- Visual instruments (Piano and Guitar) with custom color light-up notes (keys or frets) are provided to students and teachers as interactive learning and teaching tools for music theory.
Empowering our teachers
- Teachers set their own prices for courses.
- Flexible schedule - students book lessons during teachers’ self-defined availability.
- Teachers define teaching policies for allowed reschedule and cancellation time frames.
Steps for hire
- Apply at tissimo.co/become-a-teacher
- Schedule interview upon application acceptance
- Attend interview
- Start teaching upon successful interview
Teachers from the following countries can apply:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
Additional countries will be added in the future. Check back periodically if you reside in a currently unsupported country.
Keeping everyone safe.
During COVID-19, remote music lessons eliminate contamination risks.