PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
• Location: Virtual
• Experience: 2+ years Project Management, Supply Chain or Product Development Experience in Sporting Goods, Apparel or related industry
• Commitment: Full time (30 hours, M-F 10am-4pm US PST, 1am-7am Manila time)
• Compensation: $5/hr.
Synergy Wetsuits (www.synergywetsuits.com), a triathlon wetsuit, apparel and accessories company based in Minden, NV USA is seeking an experienced Product Development Assistant who has the passion and drive to be a part of something special. Successful candidate will support various aspects of the Product Design/Development process, primarily through product research, sampling, costing packages, trim detail information, and sourcing. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has a great attitude, and can consistently perform at the highest level with minimal supervision.
Successful candidate will assist managing product development from the initial concepts, design, sampling, production and release. You will provide feedback to internal partners on relevant product issues and seasonal trends; and you will collaborate cross-functionally to ensure products meet or exceed criteria for cost, manufacturability, performance and quality. You will be responsible for overseeing all critical development dates and following development/release calendar. You will work closely with the product development team and upper management to understand the creative vision of each product and translate concepts into product. You will work closely with all in-house teams, along with overseas vendors to ensure on-time release. You will participate in product planning and the analysis and evaluation of vendors as it relates to development. You will be responsible for overseeing all critical development dates and following development of product per season and sport.
Must be available to work 10am-4pm US PST (1am-7am Manila time).
You must be able to pass a background check.
• 2+ years Project Management, Supply Chain or Product Development Experience in Sporting Goods, Apparel or related industry
• Proficiency in Asana.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Strong follow-up and follow-through to make sure all tasks are taken to full completion.
• Desire and ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, goals-oriented environment
• Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel. Outlook).
• Strong desire to learn and educate about company products/technology.
• Must have strong communication skills. This includes the ability to write and speak clearly in a variety of settings to deliver a clear message in all deliverables.
• Ability to create and improve processes. Must be a self-starter with exceptional organizational skills, analytical ability, and strategic planning.
• Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in communication, with vendors, customers, peers, and management.
• Must be available able to work 10am-4pm US PST (1am-7am Manila time).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and manage production calendar.
• Create and manage product development status in Asana.
• Assist in product development from initial concepts, design, sampling, production and release.
• Conduct viability studies for concept products.
• Communicate information and any issues to all related internal parties as well as to overseas vendors.
• Track, request samples, revisions and approvals throughout development process.
• Maintain strong team interaction with Merchandising, Design, Production, Planning, Materials, and Quality Assurance.
• Coordinate international shipments and customs clearance.
• Communicate all necessary information to Product Development Team, Marketing, Design, and external vendors to ensure the effective and efficient creation of outstanding product.
• Ensure target price and product designs are aligned through predictive costing.
• Create and update weekly PD reports.
• Create and maintain product packets.
• Assist Product Manager in day-to-day functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Video clip that tells us a little bit about yourself, stating why you are interested in this position and why you think you would be a good fit with our company.