We make mobile apps run faster. Do you know that loading of pictures that takes ages, those videos that keep stalling, those photos backups that take forever? That’s what we solve. How? With groundbreaking software tools for mobile app developers. We’re still on our first steps, learning how to walk, but we do know where we’re heading. And that’s part of the reason why we’re backed by strong venture capital. The other part is that we are aiming to be a global leading player. Maybe a unicorn, maybe a decacorn. We’re not sure about the mythical creature or fancy name, but we’re definitely aiming big.
This is the perfect time for you to come in and make a strong impact on building a giant.
If you feel that you would fit our culture and you have what it takes to help us building an innovative protocol, and the tools to make it easy to use, you’re the one we’re looking for.
What you will do at Codavel:
- Lead QA department and devise its growth roadmap
- Improve overall quality of delivery through automation of common procedures and implementation of standards, processes and checklists
- Determine the priority for test scenarios and create execution plans to implement these scenarios.
- Test new functionalities and deliveries, to ensure quality in every release.
- Support/Help the developers on test case implementation and integration on existing components, providing technical guidance for testing and deployment through all development phases
- Review the product requirements along with the development team and provide feedback to Product Owners.
- Analyse incidents assigned to the team and create a bug story for the team to fix it, agreeing with the Product Owner the right priority and severity
- Guaranteeing that the communication with the customers is fully transparent and up-to-date
- Communicate with CTO, VP Product, VP Engineering, Product Owner, Architect, other technical leads and customer stakeholders when necessary
What you can expect at Codavel:
- Empowerment. We give everyone the opportunity to make an impact, we expect everyone to take this opportunity.
- A risk-prone culture. We celebrate failure because it’s a fundamental part of innovation.
- A transparent culture, with regular all-hands meetings and open-door policy, so that we’re all on the same page, all the time.
- Flexibility to manage your own work, your own schedule, which includes working from home. We value a good work-life balance.
- Paper planes flying, ping pong balls fights or even someone emptying a glass of water in someone else’s head. Have we said we allow pets in the office?
What NOT to expect at Codavel:
- Rowing a boat alone.
- Risk-free areas, aversion to failure or easy-to-achieve goals.
- Barriers to making your own significant impact, like for example a complex hierarchy that’s impossible to climb.
- A quiet or boring office environment, with extreme politeness and/or political correctness.
Who are you:
- Previously worked as a QA Engineer (minimum of 3 years of experience), with a strong experience with Test Automation frameworks (bonus points if you have experience with Mobile apps)
- Bachelor or higher in Engineering, Science or similar.
- Someone with a working understanding of CI/CD tools and a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Self-driven, self-organized and able to work with little supervision towards a common goal in a very collaborative team setup.
- Excited about taking leadership of the QA division.