Hubstaff is quickly becoming one of the leading solutions in the evolving time tracking space.
We are looking for a talented server-side architect to join our passionate development team. You will help tackle challenging problems and assist with the ongoing development of our platform.
We’re a 100% remote team, that takes care to do good upfront design (specs and wireframes) before starting to code and have a lot of fun working on the project. We also spend the time to write unit tests to ensure we have great code coverage.
There are a lot of challenging issues and features for a talented Ruby on Rails developer to tackle. You’ll be working alongside the rest of the team and collaborating on feature development.
In this position you will help tackle challenging problems and assist with scaling the service to keep up with our fast growth.
The position will report directly to our CTO and work closely with our other engineers. We have projects that require a full-stack skillset but that go deep on back-end architecture and implementation.
You’ll be able to work 100% remotely.
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Love to learn new things
- Are a full-stack engineer (UI/UX, backend, etc.)
- Can work until at least 1pm EST (M - F)
- Have at least 5 years of experience with server-side work
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres & MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Memory profiling
- Performance profiling
- Background workers
- Writing design docs
- API implementation
- Advanced debugging skills
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- AWS services
- React & Redux
- Service workers architecture
- Advanced SQL (query optimization, locking, etc.)