Event organizers all over the world trust Event Espresso to organize a variety of events including workshops, seminars, conferences, training classes, golf tournaments, courses and more. As a member of the sales team, you’ll have an impact in helping customers understand how our events solution can help them be successful with their events.
An overview of a typical day
Here is what your day might look like:
- Help customers understand how Event Espresso will benefit them
- Plan and execute your new sales experiments; share your findings with the team
- Collaborate with the team on new product planning
Experience. You must have the following experience:
- Installing, using and troubleshooting WordPress, themes, and plugins
- Understanding basic HTML, CSS, and maybe some PHP
- Ability to take the initiative and drive business
- Strong communicator. You’ll collaborate with our team and customers on a daily basis, so excellent written and communication skills are required.
Remote work is natural to you. You have familiarity with working remotely such as from a home office or a co-working center with reliable equipment.
Ability to prioritize and take action. You have a willingness to create a plan and default to action. And if you run into some issues with your plan, you’ll ask for help, adjust your path, and move forward again.
Reliable. At Event Espresso, you’ll have a lot of autonomy such as choosing where, when, and how you work. You must deliver.
Curious. You are inquisitive and ask questions as a way to learn and get better at your craft.
These are nice-to-haves but are not required.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Experience with a help desk tool including but not limited to Zendesk, Groove, or Help Scout
- Comfortable with writing content such as team instructions, operating procedures, and blog posts
Trial to Hire
A paid trial will help you understand what it is like to work at Event Espresso. During this time, you’ll have a small project that you’ll work on in addition to daily tasks such as following up with customers that are interested in our events solution. A trial period will help you understand what is expected of the role. Each week, you’ll have a check-in with a team member who will coach you to find your strengths and answer any questions that you may have.
The time commitment for a paid trial is flexible at part-time or full-time and lasts about one month.
This is a contract position. Compensation is based upon experience and performance.