Wallaroo Labs is working on a huge idea, and this is a phenomenal opportunity for a person who enjoys challenges. We believe in open source and strive to build on these technologies. Our distributed team is ten people and growing. We had have generated a lot of interest through our product and vision and raised a large seed round with several well-known VCs.
Faster data, more data sources, and business requirements are driving increasingly sophisticated algorithms and putting more and more demands on data applications. Wallaroo Labs solves these problems with Wallaroo, a data engine for building highly elastic big data applications.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to drive the adoption of Wallaroo open-source offering within the developer community. This position is essential to our success; you will be responsible for identifying friction points with Wallaroo and systematically eliminate to improve the developer experience.
Although Wallaroo's headquarters is in New York, this position can be remote. Candidates located in a Tech Hub cities or that have deep connections within existing developer networks would prove invaluable in building our community.
- Provide support to sales team by running demos via remote session
- Monitor communication channels (HN, Reddit, StackOverflow, Mailing lists, IRC) and interact with the community, answer questions and assist developers.
- Identify and build relationships with the developer community, meetups, and conferences and leverage relationships to evangelize Wallaroo.
- Own problem resolution and participate with the development team to create solutions.
- Publish content from blog posts to video demos.
Qualities we are looking for
- Experience working on a commercialized open source project (Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Familiar with Big Data technologies.
- Desire and ability to work with enterprise clients and our open source community.
- Experience working with open source software, GitHub etc.
- Familiar with software development process in a business setting.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Learn more about Wallaroo
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.