This might not be the right job for you. You'll be working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial (read "slightly chaotic"), high growth environment. It's exciting, but our team members have to be highly proactive and jump in and take responsibility for projects. If you're looking for a comfy place where you can just do your work and take a check, you won't be happy here. If you thrive on being part of something that's growing rapidly and packing your brain with new information and skills every day, then you might love it. It's not an easy place to work, but man, it's a lot of fun. Now here's the technical details.
- Communicate with clients to gather requirements and assess their objectives during the pre-development and development stages of projects, including making presentations individually or as part of a team.
- Work with other MWI employees, including copywriters, UX designers, web designers, other coders, and digital marketers.
- Assist with creating proposals and agreements for web development engagements.
- Think strategically and come up with creative and elegant solutions for clients.
- Develop, debug, and assist with development tasks.
- Own projects from conception to completion.
- 5+ years experience developing fully customized wordpress themes
- Experience developing pixel perfect responsive websites from PSD’s
- Expert level fluency with HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3/Jquery
- Experience with jQuery, Prototype, AngularJS, Node.js.
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design and development
- Strong understanding of PHP/MySQL
- Experience with version control
- Understanding of cross browser/device development techniques,
- Experience in cross browser support and graceful degradation.
- Familiarity with open source frameworks.
- Experience integrating with and debugging content management systems
- Experience with ecommerce, integrating with merchant API’s, and security.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Coding addicts preferred.
- Up to date knowledge on upcoming technologies and w3c compliant code
- Familiarity with good principles of UX, front-end coding, and web design.
Job Perks: Flexible working hours. Results-only workplace. We don't care when you work, where you work, or how you work, as long as the work gets done and everybody's happy. We're more concerned about our team working too much than we are about them working enough.