Searching for a role where you drive some of the future’s most promising innovations? FARO is an international company where ideas count more than hierarchy. We develop and market computer-aided 3D measurement and imaging devices and software. At FARO, smart, skilled people work together in an open atmosphere…. And challenging work never gets boring.
Become a part of this great team and start moving forward.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer Full Stack. In this role, you will be working in building up the next generation cloud based metrology platform. You will be part of our fascinating R&D Department, in Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal, contributing directly to the product development from scratch till market-entry ensuring state-of-the-art software quality, performance and user experience.
**We have: **
- Leading edge technology;
- A team of Aces to work with;
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies.
**How you will make a difference @ FARO: **
- Receive project goals, work with product owner and stakeholders to breakdown epics into deliverable stories, define a plan/cadence of deliverables, negotiate with the stakeholders on phased delivery of value, gather/incorporate feedback and drive epics to closure;
- Design architecture and develop software, algorithms, prototypes and packages within established specifications using, but not limited to, object-oriented design, test driven development and third-party tools;
- Ensure all development efforts are continuously integrated so that the code is readily readable and maintainable by other team members as well as deployable to a production environment;
- Other tasks include software testing and code cleaning, writing unit tests to operate all elements of the program and replicating problems, determining root causes as well as refactoring code to eliminate recurrence of problems.
- Passionate about programming, object-oriented programming and a strong mindset about code performance;
- Knowledge in backend development, C#, OOP, SOLID and Software Design Patterns;
- Knowledge in frontend development, eg React, Blazor;
- Experience with software testing and TDD;
- Self-motivated, and proactive;
- Excellent written and oral English skills required.
Benefits & Perks
**What FARO can offer you: **
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- In general, an unlimited contract;
- Flexible working time;
- Training opportunities;
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives;
- Other employee events and benefits (e.g. meal allowance, health insurance for employee and family, free beverages, and fresh fruits).
As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
If you have a passion for high-end technical products, we want to talk to YOU! Join the most trusted team in 3D measurement technology.