**Software Development Center Lisbon - SDC:LX **
At SDC:LX our goal is to help create a new digital ecosystem for the Volkswagen Group brands, delivering a sustainable competitive advantage by engineering high quality, user centric and meaningful digital products for the group and its customers.
We iterate quickly using lean and agile methodologies within a cross-functional product team and end-customer focus.
We believe and employ a low-hierarchy and equality-based culture. We work in a feedback driven, autonomous, start-up environment and closely collaborate with our peers.
Located in Yellow Home, Rato, in the heart of Lisbon we are part of Volkswagen Digital Solutions family and we build great digital products together.
You are committed to quality code by applying Extreme Programming (XP) and focussing on delivering one product at a time. You are part of an empowered team that is responsible for the entire lifecycle of a product.
We are looking for people who are driven to contribute with their expertise and willing to work across the whole software engineering spectrum. If you embrace change and you want to be a part of this multicultural environment, we’d love you to apply!
- Develop customer-centric products, according to our Lean XP methodology
- Actively contribute to tech and architecture decisions
- Write clean code following the TDD approach
- Implementation and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Use build-measure-learn feedback loops to constantly improve all aspects of our work
- You write clean code following the Test Driven Development approach
- You are willing to work in a multicultural, interdisciplinary balanced product team
- You have fun in continuous learning
- You simplify complex problems and build high-quality software
- You like to code and like to share knowledge
- You actively push our products to the next level
- You are a fluent English speaker
- You are in Lisbon or willing to move to Lisbon after the pandemic situation
Nice to have
- A degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics or related fields
- International experience
- Experience in TDD, BDD or pair programming
- Experience contributing to Open Source projects
Benefits & Perks
- Agile environment where your ideas are valued
- Continuous learning and opportunity to rotate into different products
- Constant feedback
- Access to Udemy and book library
- Commute allowance
- Free snacks and breakfast
- Weekly lunch & sharing knowledge session
- Discounts on VW group cars
- Access to pension funds
- Smartphone with voice/data plan
- Health and life insurance
- Pet friendly office