Software Engineer for Humanoid Robots and Avatars
100% Remote Worldwide (Hong Kong preferred) (Full-time)
What we are looking for:
This is an opportunity to do exciting, cutting-edge work with leaders in the field of AI and humanoid robotics. Ben Goertzel, founder of SingularityNet and OpenCog, is a world leader in AGI; and David Hanson, founder of Hanson Robotics, is a premier designer and developer of human-like robots, including Sophia.
Awakening Health is combining expertise in AI, robotics, and biomedical knowledge to bring intelligent, human-like robots and avatars to healthcare. The endeavour is a joint venture of SingularityNet, creator of the world’s first decentralized marketplace for AI services, and Hanson Robotics, premier developer of humanoid robots and creator of Sophia the robot. We will release our first Grace robots, the world’s foremost robotic nursing assistants, in 2022, transforming the senior care market.
Awakening’s healthcare robots provide their human companions with a variety of benefits including cognitive stimulation, intuitive communication, social companionship, and secure gathering and management of patient data for use in advanced machine learning and next-generation medicine.
We are seeking a software engineer to initially help develop, integrate, and test Grace’s dialogue and understanding systems, along with a variety of related tasks. The position will initially involve work on the dialogue system, but may in the future also involve interacting with and integrating other modules, such as vision and emotion, or systems testing and integration.
A good candidate will have a balanced mix of analytic, imaginative, technical, critical thinking, and problem-solving
You will be expected to:
- ● Collaborate and interact with other developers
- ● Create well-organized, optimized, and documented source code
- ● Create and document software tools
- ● Test and debug source code
- ● Integrate complex software modules
- ● Work independently
- ● Have social/emotional intelligence and a sense of the elements of interaction that lead
- to connection and bonding
- ● Have reasonable English writing skills (while you don’t need to be an epic poet or literary
- genius, you have a good grasp of English syntax and a reasonable ability to formulate
- simple ideas in clear, simple sentences.)
- ● Have an interest in NLP and conversational AI
- Your work will also provide guidance and inspiration to a new AI dialogue system being developed for the project, based on transformer neural networks along with OpenCog, a framework for the development of artificial general intelligence (AGI).
- ● Experience with chatbots or other conversational AI scripting and development
- ● Experience working with elderly people
- ● Desire to work with a group of people working toward creation of benevolent AGI