We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst with healthcare experience and strong technical and analytic skills. This person will work with a team interfacing with the business analysts and technical resources to perform analysis on source systems develop requirement specifications and assist with troubleshooting and remediating data quality issues.
· Ability to work independently and to set priorities while managing several projects simultaneously; strong attention to detail is essential.
· Collaborates with Business Systems Analysts and/or directly with key business users to ensure business requirements and report specifications are documented accurately and completely.
· Develop data field mapping documentation.
· Document data sources and processing flow.
· Support QA and UAT teams in defining test scenarios and clarifying requirements.
· Effectively communicate results of the data analysis to internal and external customers to support decision making.
· Follows established SDLC, change control, release management and incident management processes.
· Perform source data analysis and assessment.
· Perform data profiling to capture business and technical rules.
· Track and help to remediate issues and defects due to data quality exceptions.
Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2012 ), experience creating and debugging SQL queries.
Minimum 2 years of experience with Cognos Analytics
Experience in writing technical spec for BI report developers
Experience manipulating and analyzing large quantities of data
3+ years in healthcare (Medicaid, Medicare and healthcare inducts claim processing experience a plus)
Knowledge of SharePoint