The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Developer to join our IT department as a contractor. This is a great opportunity to work as a contractor with an international education organisation on a trajectory of growth.
The role consists of the development, support, and management of EIT’s digital suite. You will be an energetic and enthusiastic individual, working directly with a great technical team based in Perth and the Philippines, but will be required to interface with people globally. EIT’s product offerings are constantly evolving; therefore, it is important to be aware of current development trends globally to ensure that the implementations are well revised.
- Management and maintenance of EIT’s information systems.
- Continuous improvement of all systems based on ongoing projects.
- Supporting staff and students with queries or problems relating to the system.
- Must be able to work effectively with a remote team.
- Develop functionality, test, debug, deliver and support post-delivery functionality of various systems within the organization
- Creating operational procedures and end-user documentation
- Perform other duties as needed
- Assist with technical decisions, develop across the entire life-cycle and take ownership of your work
- Background in Software Development and/or Engineering
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong time management, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to embrace continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent work ethic and outcome focused
Familiarity with the following:
- Functional testing
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly
- An analytical mind
- Ability to document in detail
- An understanding of Learning Management Systems (Moodle) and CRM’s (SugarCRM)
- The ability to communicate complex procedures to stakeholders
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data
- Cybersecurity skills