I am in search of a responsible and resourceful Virtual Assistant to join my team for a long term engagement. Working remotely, the Virtual Assistant will organize and update files, answer calls and emails, and assist in creating presentation and sales materials. The ideal candidate should be tech savvy, able to communicate through multiple channels, and super organized. The virtual assistant will also be responsible for arranging travel itineraries, flights, and rooms, as well as tracking and managing expenses and payments.
Virtual Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and direct phone calls; organize correspondence and answer emails
- Prepare and organize databases and reports
- Manage social media accounts and replies
- Handle confidential employer and client information
- Take notes or transcribe meetings
- Schedule meetings and arrange calendars; schedule meeting spaces and conference rooms
- Arrange payments for vendors, travel, and sales expenses
- Create purchase orders and track and manage payments
- Present excellent customer-service skills to customers and clients
- Manage filing systems, update records, and organize documentation
- Prepare and create PowerPoint presentations and materials as needed; research materials and sources for presentations
Virtual Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience with Google Docs, cloud services, and other technology tools
- Experience with WordPress and Social Media platforms
- Knowledgeable in technology to communicate via computer, smartphone, or text
- Highly organized multi-tasker who works well with fast-paced directions and instructions
- Demonstrates excellent time management
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer-service and presentation skills
- Able to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Two (2) years’ previous experience handling assistant or administrative responsibilities, or experience in customer service or related field preferred
- One (or more) of these secondary languages (French, Spanish, Mandarin and/or Cantonese)
- Knowledge of SEO, Display Advertising, Google Adwords, Google Analytics
- Graphic design abilities - you don't have to be an expert - swap colours / change text - you should have a basic sense of design
- Experience with After Effects - again, not expert level but enough to change a pre-built template
Similar Job Titles You May Have Had in the Past
- Office Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Office Clerk
- Administrative Officer
- Average of 10 hours per week to start. Hours will increase as we develop trust.
- Payment is semi-monthly (2X per month).
- Daily and weekly reports of work completed are required.
- Preference given to those who are comfortable to bill in Canadian dollars.
- Payment via PayPal or other similar service. I can work with you.