In most cases, our designers are directly involved with the creative process working alongside our copywriter, project manager, digital marketer, and art/design directors. We are looking for a visual designer that possesses a strong sense of web and mobile design. The ideal designer will also have a strong background in identity, UX, and UI design as well.
The visual designer will create and contribute to the design, development, and execution of brand identities, digital ads, websites, mobile apps, digital experiences, and communications collateral. The designer will be able to execute creative direction on single projects and within advertising & marketing campaigns. Our ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, organized, adhere to deadlines, and manage other team members (freelancers, UI Designer, UX Designer, etc.). This role will require the ability to lead teams and to provide thoughtful feedback on design and user experience. Our integrated team model means the designer will also be required to communicate and collaborate with diverse personalities, perspectives, and backgrounds, both client-side and at our agency.
The visual designer will also be required to provide sound and responsible marketing, deliver a superior product, and create innovative solutions to client problems.
- Strong approach to interactive, digital, and multimedia with proven skills in campaign concepting and execution.
- Management and Leadership Skills; junior and freelance designers.
- Ability to take complex briefs and turn them into design, media, and technology solutions.
- Ability to communicate visually brand messages across digital, interactive (immersive and reactive), and experiential mediums.
- Self-manage design projects from start to finish, ensuring projects are completed before deadlines.
- Provide and maintain project status to creative, development, and other teams. Provide timely updates of project statuses.
- Test and review deliverables against scope, best practice standards, and agency standards.
- Update and collaborate through agency tools, timeline and roadmapping.
- Develop budgets, plans, and conservative timetables.
- Collaborate with creative directors, account executives, strategists, and clients for new business and marketing recommendations.
- Define design scope, create project specificiations, and allocate resources.
- Provide visual design leadership to client on behalf of agency.
- Educate clients, juniors, and freelancers on visual design and how to create great work.
- Create and champion internal systems for better productivity.
- Setup proper workflows with design software and production activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Graphic Design, Advertising, Art, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a UI or visual designer.
- At least 3 years of experience working with advertising agencies.
- At least 2 years of experience working with motion graphics and photography.
- At least 2 years of experience working remotely or with remote teams.
- Expert Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite; XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and Cloud Documents.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Strong Experience working with Project Management Systems, Cloud Storage, and Collaboration Tools.
- Strong Experience with UI, UX, and Graphic Design.
- Experience with Print and Digital Production
- Illustration and Drawing Skills preferred.
- Report to Creative Director, Design Director, Agency Management.
This position is available for remote or in-office work. We will not return to the office until 2022 (estimated).
If you’re a passionate, team-playing, brand-building visual designer that wants to curate and create ideas that are brought to life through campaign executions, please apply. We’d love to hear from you.