Sell-Sheet / Datasheet
OnGuard® Visitor Self Service mobile app for OnGuard 7.2 and up
A new level of convenience
and security has arrived.
Customize your front lobby experience with the
OnGuard Visitor Self Service mobile application.
Automate guest procedures and streamline visitor processing
with the OnGuard® Visitor Self Service (VSS) mobile app. Part of
OnGuard’s integrated visitor management solution, this intuitive
application allows employees to pre-register visitors by emailing a
barcode that gets scanned on the visitor’s arrival. Extremely flexible,
VSS can be customized based on an organization’s requirements,
whether it’s documents that need to be signed or videos that need
to be viewed as part of visitor protocol.
The OnGuard® Visitor Self Service mobile app
delivers more convenience, security and flexibility
The OnGuard® Visitor Self Service (VSS) mobile application from
Lenel simplifies the visitor management process. Pre-registration
saves time on administrative tasks and provides the front desk
and security personnel with key information on visitors to the
property ahead of time.
The VSS app is designed for customers who prefer an ‘unattended
lobby’ experience. Visitors interact directly with the app ahead of
their visit, paving the way for a seamless experience upon arrival
at the premises.
A simple process preserves security and existing procedures:
• Hosts pre-register their visitors
• OnGuard sends a scannable barcode via email to
• Upon arrival, scanning the barcode via an iPad camera
pre-populates the visitor registration form
• Ability to print host name** and visitor check-in time on a
visitor badge using VSS on a mobile device
• New capability to upload a video as part of the required
documentation for the visitor to view at sign in
• iPad camera integration allows temporary photo badges
to be printed during registration*
OnGuard Visitor Self Service automates the process while enhancing the visitor experience:
• Sleek, easy-to-use and customizable interface
• Visitor pre-registration gives front desk and security personnel
the information they need to keep your business secure
• Company compliance forms can be uploaded for the visitor
to virtually sign during check-in
• No cumbersome visitor logs
* A supported AirPrint ®-enabled printer required.
**OnGuard version 7.4 and above is required to enable these features in VSS.
• Badge creation requires no additional image-capture
• Companies can now add a document for visitors to review
before they arrive or are granted access to facilities
• New admin policy settings enable the assigning of required
documents based on visit type
• Ability to save an iPad image of the VSS configuration in
OnGuard’s database, and download that image to any iPad.**
Apple ® iPad not included. Each iPad requires an OnGuard VSS license.
A valid Lenel® Software Upgrade and Support Plan (SUSP) is required
for the OnGuard system in order to obtain an OnGuard VSS license.
An in place OnGuard Visitor client or OnGuard Front Desk is a
prerequisite, so it is required for Visitor Self Service to function.
To enable OnGuard VSS for your OnGuard system,
please contact your local Lenel VAR.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
© 2018 United Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
LenelS2 is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security,
a unit of United Technologies Corporation.
iPad, AirPrint are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.,
registered in the U.S. and other countries.