Jolene has built her career in a variety of roles and industries, mostly in small companies where she was not just a graphic designer but also a software analyst, qa engineer, media specialist, social media guru, and marketing manager. She’s not only used to wearing many hats, she sincerely enjoys it; Jolene thrives in an environment where no two work days are exactly the same.
Previously, Jolene worked mainly as a QA analyst and automation engineer and was lucky enough to work with amazing clients such as Nintendo, HBO, SMRT Boards, and Sesame Street.
Jolene is extremely accessible and quick to return messages. While she enjoys all aspects of her job, her favorite stage of a project is working with the client to understand his or her design objectives. As you go through that collaborative process, the ideas start to flow and that’s always the fun part.
Not only is Jolene awesome professionally, but she is a fun, creative gal to work with! She enjoys making coworkers smile and easing the atmosphere in a tense meeting.
Some of her past marketing accomplishments have included:
• Tripling the number of paid subscribers at Hubstaff.com stemming directly from new blog visitors through the use of a thorough SEO and UX audit, and implementing strategies created from those findings. This all took place within 60 days.
• Managed several joint email campaigns in a recent Easter promotion at Best Self Co that quadrupled their sales from the year prior's promotion.
• Reaching over 30,000 people in over 100 countries in the first year's launch of a non-profit organization called The Endo Challenge.
• Developing an automated reporting system for the nationwide marketing department at CenturyLink which took monthly marketing numbers and created Powerpoint slides, all within an app at the tap of a finger.
• Developing an automated Photoshop script at Trust Company of America (now e*trade) to create icons sized for the app and google play stores. This saved the company 120 hours and $3,600.